Wednesday 2 February 2011

My Very First Blog

PR revolves around the concept of improving reputation and maintaining a positive public image, but how can this be enhanced by the likes of digital communication strategies? I’m sure many of you contribute to the 500 million active users of Facebook, or are signed up to Twitter (a phenomenon I’m yet to brave) although as the development of Web 2.0 evolves, are businesses forced to utilize social media to compete with other organisations? 

Whether we like it or not, advanced technology has become a critical part of our everyday lives. As a society we are obsessed and extremely dependant on electronics including Television, mobile’s and the internet, and are unlikely to decrease usage, despite numerous health warnings of phone radiation, risk of sexual predators and scam artists within social networking, and obesity rates suspected from an increase in TV and video game interaction.

This blog will explore a variety of digital media and give examples of companies that have implemented different strategies for their campaigns. I will discuss the impact of digital media on the Public Relations industry and the best way to reach your target audience online.

If I’m being honest, initially I wasn’t looking forward to joining the 113million blogging out there, but now I have started, I hope to become the online Carrie Bradshaw. After all when Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web, he intended it to be "a collaborative medium, a place where we all meet and read and write".

No comments:

Post a Comment